Saturday, December 12, 2009
Shaping of Anglo-American SS by War revised
I've cleaned up my transcription of The Shaping of the Anglo-American SS by War some more. It might be perfect, but I thought it was perfect after the previous revision. The reason there were so many errors in it is that I used Simple OCR to convert it to text (a very laborious process). Later, I discovered how to extract the text imbedded in the Campaigner PDF versions one column at a time (press Alt key and select desired column in the usual manner), and found that the Adobe OCR which was used to produce the imbedded text is far superior to Simple OCR. In fact, it's nearly perfect if the characters are clearly defined, other than producing a line or two of gibberish once in a while. There's also some "cross talk" between the columns, but the resulting errors are easy to spot and correct.
Posted by nonastronaut at 11:30 PM