Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bradley Manning's "not-torture" - where's the President? (Rev B - see Notes)

That’s striking given that–according to Bradley Manning’s Article 138 complaint, written in his own voice–Commander James Averhart put Manning on suicide watch on January 18 to demonstrate that he was, for all practical purposes, God.

After being returned to my cell, I started to read a book. About 30 minutes later, the PCF Commander, CWO4 James Averhart, came to my cell. He asked me what had happened during my recreation call. As I tried to explain to him what had occurred, CWO4 Averhart stopped me and said “I am the commander” and that “no one could tell him what to do.” He also said that he was, for all practical purposes, “God.” I responded by saying “you still have to follow Brig procedures.” I also said “everyone has a boss that they have to answer to.” As soon as I said this, CWO4 Averhart ordered that I be placed in Suicide Risk Status.
[...]
Manning’s Article 138 complaint shows far more. It shows how the Brig Psychiatrist recommended at least 16 times between August 27 and January 21 that Manning be removed from Prevention of Injury watch.
[...]
The government torture canon makes it clear: their plan to break prisoners requires prisoners learn helplessness. A key part of that is–as Averhart himself explicitly described it–playing God.

But in this same epoch human beings will have to battle against attacks of the Luciferic and Ahrimanic [Satanic] powers that will be stronger than those launched in the days of Greek and Roman culture. Again in this later epoch the aim of the Luciferic and Ahrimanic powers is to alienate the souls of men from earthly life on the one hand, and on the other so to mechanize earthly life itself, to make its outer form so entirely mechanistic [I'm not sure what this means, but I get the sense that he means artificial and shallow], that it would be impossible for the ego of man to live in the social order of the Earth. He would therefore take leave of it to enter a life apart from the Earth upon a separate planet [the Eighth Sphere].
One should not be astonished that the late George Orwell conceived his 1984 novel after a period of exposure to a group of Rees's [1] followers.

I suspect that the brig psychiatrist's objections were intended to cover his role as the director of the "not-torture."

Notes

Rev B: Added quote from The Real CIA

[1] John Rawlings Rees, anti-mind warrior disguised as a psychiatrist (as normally conceived). In my opinion, his book The Shaping of Psychiatry by War was a cover story for his true activity, with subtle hints of his true agenda woven into it.