Monday, March 26, 2012

Internet access is actually a privilege in the US


I've been having difficulty gaining access to the internet lately, although I don't know why.  The "occult" (hidden) faction of the military has recently reminded me in an unmistakable manner that I'm on their list (perhaps because of my dogged pursuit of the truth about the Kandahar massacre, whose main victims are the survivors), so perhaps the military is behind it.  As they say, if they wanted me dead, I'd be dead, so I assume they're just letting me know who's boss in the land of freedom and privacy (for certain people).

However, my ISP has been depriving me of service for various intervals (sometimes for days at a time) for years, and their terms of service indicate that the company is organized to allow it to abuse its customers. They have also made it abundantly clear that they monitor my internet usage, and this too is permitted by their terms of service, as long as it's not done "actively." (So, as long as they spy passively, that's fine.) The fact that they can get away with this indicates that there is no law against it, or no enforcement. According to their terms of service, all they have to do is "suspect" their customers of doing something illegal OR "destructive" (i.e. destructive but legal). So, they can spy on any of their customers at any time, because everyone eats, which is destructive and legal.  You just gotta love Mammon's lawyers, those Devil's advocates [1], who devote so much time to splitting semantic hairs and hiding evil in innocuous phrases, and who about a decade ago invented "not-torture," so that we could say "the US does not-torture."

[1] The Devil's Advocate starring Al Pacino, which is quite chilling, isn't far from the truth.