Sunday, March 18, 2012

Nothing fits Afghan massacre reports completely


But blow me down if they didn't forget – and this applies to every single report on the latest killings – a remarkable and highly significant statement from the US army's top commander in Afghanistan, General John Allen, exactly 22 days ago. Indeed, it was so unusual a statement that I clipped the report of Allen's words from my morning paper and placed it inside my briefcase for future reference.
Allen told his men that "now is not the time for revenge for the deaths of two US soldiers killed in Thursday's riots". 
from Madness is not the reason for this massacre

This implies that there is a time for revenge in war, which I would think would be a foreign concept to an American commander, whose goal should be winning the peace.

Fisk's perspective is interesting, but wouldn't someone HAVE to be utterly insane to do something like this on a rogue basis, because of the severe consequences?  As far as I'm concerned, there is no way to make sense of all of the reports, which is why I suspect that some of them are hoaxes.  Perhaps they have been designed to be incomprehensible, like Freemasonry, to keep us occupied trying to make sense of it, while Obama does something particularly sinister.