Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Philip Seymour Hoffman: stolen gem

My first exposure to the work of the late great Phillip Seymour Hoffman was through the film Red Dragon, and I immediately recognized him as an exceptional actor, although the other actors in that movie are also excellent. I recently saw Capote for the first time, and felt as if I were watching Capote himself, and not an actor portraying him.

I'm no expert on heroin addiction, but I have read that ascorbic acid, perhaps taken intravenously in the form of sodium ascorbate, allows heroin users to quit using without going though withdrawal, which is a major impediment to getting out of the vicious cycle. (For more on this subject, see The Orthomolecular Treatment Of Drug Addiction: A First Australian Report.) On the other hand, an awareness of an easy means of withdrawing might lead more people to try heroin, so it's a two-edged sword.